Friday, March 9, 2018

Thursday's adventure for Friday Fives

There is nothing like a good outing, after weeks of winter weather, to lift the spirits. I want to share with you what I did yesterday, along with daughter Shirley. 

I do love good food, and a new restaurant to investigate!  Brand-spanking new... on the water so great view and a yummy crab-cake sandwich, oh my. Daughter Shirley says she's posting a new post on our lunch blog soon about our adventure. I'll let you know when she has it up. 


I'd found this guy on Facebook, Jeb the Butcher and he does his own butchering, packaging, making his own bologna, sausage etc, all in a wholesome, clean way. That was our next stop. I bought sausage (fresh ground, I can't wait to taste it), a chunk of colby cheese and a container of Brunswick Stew for a friend who fell a couple days ago and was badly injured. With a dislocated shoulder, 3 broken ribs and cuts and bruises, she won't be cooking anytime soon. 

On the way home, I saw a barn that I had never seen before. Since I have participated in Tom's Barn Collective often I wanted a picture of this one for that. I will have more pictures when the Barn Collective comes up next. 

Who doesn't love a beautiful sunset. I am pretty much surrounded by trees so any I see is behind those. But, just look at that sky. Gorgeous. 

And, I ran across this quote, which I love, while I was reading a book by Joan Anderson. Just wanted to share it with you. 

Now, to link up with Willy Nilly Friday Five

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky!
    It is good to find a real butcher - the meat is always better tasting than the big store brands.
    Interesting barn - love the red roof!
    Your food looks good. I will be watching for Shirley's 'Out To Lunch' post
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    PS. Did you ever find any Belly Flop jelly beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Outings are especially needed after a long winter. Looks as if you had a great one! Is the sausage wonderful? (You are a good friend. So sorry to read about your friend’s troubles.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to see 'you'. Your outing is right up my alley and I need to post the quote where I will see it when I am tempted hide at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful-looking lunch! And, some great photos, Mom. That butcher shop sounds great. There's one in Terrebonne I want to check out. Glad you got some Brunswick Stew for that friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...when I lived in Georgia I'd love to get Brunswick Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New adventures are always fun! I love that we can find so many things online that we never would have found otherwise. That sky is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day out! Beautiful sky and I love the barn....I hope your friend heals quickly! It was sweet of you to think about her and deliver some yummy Brunswick Stew! I'm sure she appreciated it! Thanks for linking Latane!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.